Woah, I just received my first ever bloggy award
I am doing a happy dance, yes I am.
First off, I really must give a big thank you to Marcie @ I gotta try that for giving me this award! I was extremely surprised and honored. You really must check out her blog, its awesome, with some great things on there, I have been following I Gotta Try That for a while now and love the support she has given me, she has a fantastic link party every Monday that is a lot of fun
What is a Liebster Blog Award? (Well, I asked the same question)The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, and nominated by fellow bloggers. Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
So having said that I hope everyone who visits my blog always feels welcomed and valued, I am thankful for every one of my followers
1. Post about your win on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with the award (Tartan tastes in Texas) and follow them.
3. Copy and paste the award button to your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Award to 11 blogs that have fewer than 200 followers that you think deserve to be recognized and awarded.
5. Let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
7. Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you, and give 11 questions to the people you've tagged.8. You are not allowed to tag back the blogger who chose you.
Here are some interesting/random facts about little me
1. I am Scottish born and although I have lived in Texas for nearly 10 years I still have my accent
2. I love Jazzercise, and no it's not all sweatbands and leggings, well, not all the time :)
3. I am scared of spiders but I will pick up any other bug on the face of the earth
4. I was on TV at age 10 in Scotland, it was a program for Schools and all our class was in it (I have video of it and watching it makes me laugh)
5. I love stripes and am drawn to stripy clothing like a moth to a flame
6. I can swim but not very well
7. Buster my Boston Terrier is the first dog I have ever owned, he is my furr baby
8. I love to paint (decorating walls and painting art pieces)
9. The only food I hate is scrambled eggs
10. I am only ticklish on my knees nowhere else
11. Daisies make me smile, my favorite flower, I remember them everywhere when I was small and lived in Dundee
Now for my 11 questions, this could bet interesting
1. What kind of people are attracted to your blog? I first started it with Scottish ex-pats in mind, but I am finding it appeals to all
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I love Scotland, its where my heart is when i have a quiet moment, but somewhere with a beach would be a fantastic place to retire, years down the line, don't you think?
3. Is blogging more of a job or a hobby for you? It's a hobby, a fun place to put all my recipes and share them with others
4.What's the one thing about yourself that you would love to change? My height, i would love to be taller, I am a teeny tiny 5'2"
5. If you are a mom, how often do you enjoy alone time? Every day, ay bedtime, my 5 year old is about to start Kindergarten after summer so right now being a stay at home mummy I am with him everyday, so more alone time for me is coming up, yay !
6. If it was going to be made public, which would you tell: your age, your weight, or your income? My age, i am 40 and proud of it
7. What personality trait bugs you the most? Jealousy, its not pretty
8. What's your favorite restaurant? Any place that sells Tex-Mex with a frozen margarita
9. What are you best known for? Being that crazy Scottish lady that will try to feed you haggis
10. Finish this sentence: My favorite social networking site is Facebook
11. Pet names from strangers (sweetie, honey, etc.). Love it or hate it? In Scotland they have one called "Hen" I hate it, lol
OK here are 3 (eeek hope it still counts, lol) well deserving blogs that I have nominated for the award, Congrats
1. Cups by Kim
Please visit these blogs and show them some love! You will find some fun and original ideas.
Here are the 11 questions for you to answer: (I cheated & used my taggers questions)
1. What kind of people are attracted to your blog?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
3. Is blogging more of a job or a hobby for you?
4. What's the one thing about yourself that you would love to change?
5. If you are a mom, how often do you enjoy alone time?
6. If it was going to be made public, which would you tell: your age, your weight, or your income?
7. What personality trait bugs you the most?
8. What's your favorite restaurant?
9. What are you best known for?
10. Finish this sentence: My favorite social networking site is ______.
11. Pet names from strangers (sweetie, honey, etc.). Love it or hate it?